Insurance Defense, Personal Injury and Real Estate Lawyers in Kingston, NY
More than a century helping clients meet their real estate and estate planning goals and efficiently resolve their insurance and personal injury disputes
As the second oldest law firm in Ulster County, NY, Cook, Netter, Cloonan, Kurtz & Murphy, P.C. is a solid presence in the community and a trusted adviser for clients who are seeking highly skilled, experienced representation in insurance defense and coverage, personal injury, real estate and estate planning. We practice in all New York state and federal courts, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court, representing insurance companies and insureds.
Established in 1905 by Andrew Cook, Sr., our firm carries on a well-respected tradition providing legal services of the highest caliber. Schedule your free initial consultation today and experience the excellence we provide.
Trial attorneys who take a proactive, aggressive approach to resolving your insurance and personal injury case
At Cook, Netter, Cloonan, Kurtz & Murphy, P.C., our goal is to save our clients time and money while achieving their objectives. Because of our extensive trial and appellate experience, we are able to analyze the key issues of your case quickly and resolve disputes with efficiency and prudence. When you turn to our firm, you can expect:
- An attorney who listens to you — We know how stressful a legal problem can be and how important it is to listen carefully to our clients. Our attention to detail enables us to resolve your legal matters efficiently and in the best way possible. We are known as friendly, responsive, courteous and highly dedicated attorneys.
- Professional representation — For professionalism and adherence to strict ethical standards, one of our attorneys is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, and four of our attorneys are BV® Distinguished™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Experienced trial lawyers — Our Kingston, NY-based lawyers are skilled negotiators and have vast trial experience. Two of our attorneys have been litigators for more than 40 years and another has more than 35 years of trial experience.
How we can help you with your insurance, personal injury and real estate matter
Our extensive experience enables us to provide you with representation in a number of areas, including:
- Insurance defense — We represent insurance companies and municipal entities in insurance defense matters such as accident claims, civil rights, title insurance and public and professional liability claims, among others. In addition, our attorneys are proficient in providing insurance coverage opinion letters and litigating declaratory judgment actions regarding coverage issues.
- Personal injury — We represent clients who are injured as a result of the negligence of others. We handle most types of personal injury claims, including automobile accidents, premises liability matters, slip and fall accidents, injuries suffered at construction sites and products liability cases.
- Real estate — We handle all aspects of commercial and residential real estate law, from real estate transactions to complex litigation.
Rely on experienced attorneys in the Hudson Valley
At Cook, Netter, Cloonan, Kurtz & Murphy, P.C., we have more than 100 years of experience representing clients statewide. Call us today for a free initial consultation at 845-943-2498 or contact us online. We offer weekend and evening appointments as needed. Our office is located in Kingston, NY, a block from the Ulster County Courthouse in the Old Dutch Church neighborhood.