Established Kingston Firm Provides Comprehensive Legal Support
New York lawyers handle injury, insurance defense and property matters
Established in 1905, Cook, Netter, Cloonan, Kurtz & Murphy, P.C. in Kingston is the second oldest law firm in Ulster County. We have been proud members of this community for more than a century and provide highly professional legal representation for individuals, families, businesses and municipalities covering the fields of insurance defense, real estate, estate planning and personal injury. We practice throughout New York State and have advocated on behalf of clients before numerous state and federal courts.
Respected Ulster County lawyers offer clients strong advice and advocacy
We’ve built our legacy by achieving strong results for clients even in difficult or complex circumstances. Throughout the Hudson Valley and beyond, our lawyers are known as:
- Experienced trial advocates — In trials and appeals, we have decades of real-world experience. Whatever the nature of your case, we can explain your options clearly identify the best way to assert your legal rights. Our willingness to go to court when necessary strengthens your position during settlement negotiations.
- Accomplished professionals — For decades, we have earned honors and respect from clients, colleagues, adversaries and judges. Regardless of the size or scope of your legal challenge, you’ll benefit from our lawyers’ judgment and reputation.
- Trustworthy advisers — When you turn to our firm, you can expect an attorney who listens to you and offers knowledgeable counsel tailored to your specific needs. From the start, you’ll have a thorough explanation of the relevant legal standards and potential solutions that are available.
As our attorneys pursue a positive outcome for you, we work efficiently to spare you from unnecessary expense and communicate promptly about any case developments.
Legal counselors assist with litigation, insurance matters, real estate and wills
In the Hudson Valley and across New York, our versatile team assists clients in various legal practice areas, including:
- Insurance defense — Our firm represents insured parties in various types of insurance defense matters such as accident claims, civil rights violations and public and professional liability claims, among others. We also advise on insurance coverage issues, draft well-supported opinion letters and litigate declaratory judgment actions when coverage disputes arise.
- Real estate — Effective management of legal issues associated with real estate can be the difference between a positive outcome and a ruined investment. Our lawyers work on matters involving commercial and residential properties, handling various concerns, including mixed-use development planning, permit acquisition and lease negotiation.
- Estate planning — We handle all facets of developing an estate plan that ensures the protection and efficient transfer of your assets, from drafting comprehensive wills to formulating complex family or charitable trusts. Our trusts and estates attorneys are proficient in use of effective planning tools, also dealing with elder law issues like long-term care and Medicaid eligibility.
- Municipal defense — Our municipal law attorneys take an aggressive and cost-conscious approach to defending municipalities and other public bodies against claims based on motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, workplace injuries and civil rights violations. We handle all stages of litigation, including discovery, negotiation, mediation, arbitration, trial and appeal.
Whether you’re seeking qualified counsel to handle an insurance claim, seeking damages for a personal injury or looking to buy your first home, retaining the services of a qualified attorney gives you the best chance for attaining the result you seek.
Contact an established Hudson Valley lawyer to schedule a consultation
Cook, Netter, Cloonan, Kurtz & Murphy, P.C., represents clients in the Hudson Valley and throughout New York in municipal defense, insurance defense, estate planning and real estate matters. Please call us at 845-943-2498 or contact us online for an appointment to meet with one of our attorneys. We offer weekend and evening appointments as needed. Our office is located in Kingston, a block from the Ulster County Courthouse in the Old Dutch Church neighborhood.