Ulster County Municipal Law Trial Attorneys Representing NY Municipalities
More than a century of experience representing Kingston and other municipalities in New York State
At Cook, Netter, Cloonan, Kurtz & Murphy, P.C., in Kingston, NY, our lawyers are well versed in the representation of municipalities and public bodies. Our vast experience in insurance defense enables us to provide effective defense of civil rights and accident claims against your governmental entity. In addition, we have a unique understanding of the factors that municipalities face in today’s world, as our attorneys have held positions such as town attorney, city corporation counsel, assistant county attorney and legal adviser to several fire districts. Over the years, we have represented numerous counties and cities, including Ulster County and Kingston, NY.
Our proactive approach to case management saves you litigation expenses
Our municipal law attorneys take an aggressive and cost-conscious approach to defending government entities. Our experience enables us to evaluate the matter you bring to us efficiently and to develop an effective plan to defend or prosecute the issues at hand in as cost-effective — yet successful — a manner as possible. If you are a risk manager for a town, county or other public entity, speak with us about how we can effectively and efficiently represent your governmental body. We represent all types of governmental bodies anywhere in New York State, including:
- Cities, towns and villages
- Police departments
- Fire districts
- Zoning and planning boards
- Water and sewer districts
- Health departments and commission
Statewide representation in all aspects of municipal defense
Our Kingston, NY lawyers can represent you statewide. We handle a wide variety of defense matters for public bodies such as:
- Motor vehicle accidents — Including highway design claims
- Premises liability — Including construction and sidewalk accidents
- Workplace accidents — Defense of workers compensation claims
- Civil rights — Defense of claims, including excessive force, unlawful arrest, unlawful imprisonment, malicious prosecution and other law enforcement liability cases
- First Amendment — Including libel and slander accusations from public speeches
- Discrimination — Including harassment in the workplace, race and gender discrimination
- Article 78 proceedings — Including related public officer liability claims
Our attorneys handle these matters throughout all stages of litigation, including discovery, negotiation, mediation, arbitration, trials and appeals in both state and federal courts.
Consultation to discuss the advantages of our firm
Contact Cook, Netter, Cloonan, Kurtz & Murphy, P.C. in Kingston and allow us to explain to you how our proactive case management and cost-conscious defense can save you money while successfully defending your interests. Our office is located just a block away from the Ulster County Courthouse in the Old Dutch Church neighborhood. Call us for a consultation at 845-943-2498 or contact us online. We offer weekend and evening appointments as needed.